18 January 2018
calendar-image 18°

Synagogue Gallery

#ARTICLE_DATE_LETREHOZVA#: 21 February 2013  |  Created: 17 March 2015

The Jewish church was built from 1889 to 1902 and was used as church until 1944.


The Jewish church was built from 1889 to 1902 and was used as church until 1944. (During the services women and men were separated: women were allowed to stay upstairs, on the gallery,while men downstairs.) From 1945 to the 50s the Jewish returning home had their services in the building, later it was unused till the middle of the 1980s when it became property of the town.

In 2007 it was made a modern exhibition place hosting exhibitions like that of Munkácsy, Bertalan Székely, or Picasso.

 

Contact: 3300 Eger, Kossuth u.17  | Tel.:36-312-744



< back