23 April 2018
-2° calendar-image

St Frances Church -Franciscan Church

#ARTICLE_DATE_LETREHOZVA#: 21 February 2013  |  Created: 15 June 2015

The church of Franciscan monks was built in Baroque style designed by G. B.Carlone from 1736 to1755 using certain parts of former Saint Demeter church.


Contact: 3300 Eger, Kossuth Lajos u.14  | budap@chello.hu

 

Church of Franciscan order, called church of friers by
the locals was built in honour of Immaculata Conception. The gate construction
and Mater Dolorosa statue was made in late Baroque style, work of Giovanni
Adami (1793). The side altars and the pulpit are Baroque, the main altar is
Rococo, they were made between 1735 and 1756, the statues were made by József Steinhauser,
the pictures of the side-altars are works of Lukács Huetter 

 

 



< back