16 January 2018
calendar-image 18°

Palace of the Provost

#ARTICLE_DATE_LETREHOZVA#: 21 February 2013  |  Created: 14 November 2013

The late Baroque palece was built by provost count Ignác Batthyány by the designs of Jakab Fellner.


 

The late Baroque palece was built by provost count Ignác Batthyány by the designs of Jakab Fellner. The wrought iron railing of the balcony upstairs and of the windows downstairs were made by Henrik Fazola . The palace used to be the venue of the meeting of the chief commanders of the Hungarian army before an important battle near Kápolna as part of the Hungarian revolution and war of independence in 1849. At present the building is home of Sándor Bródy County- and Town Library.

 

Contact: 3300 Eger, 16. Kossuth Lajos str. | Tel.:36-516-632



< back