18 January 2018
calendar-image 18°

St Bernard Cistercian Church

#ARTICLE_DATE_LETREHOZVA#: 21 February 2013  |  Created: 15 June 2015

A Muslim mosque used to stand on the site of the church. The plot was given to the Jesuits who started to build their church and monastery in 1699.


The monastery was completed by 1727 and in the church there were masses from 1733, but it was completed much later, so the hall already has late Baroque features. The main altar built in 1769 by Anton Kraus is an outstanding work of Hungarian Baroque scupture art.

3300 Eger, 15. Széchenyi str. | www.ciszterciekegerben.hu | mail@ciszterciekegerben.hu

 



< back